Our Basic Beliefs
We trust wholly in the sovereign grace of God in and over all things. Under Christ and his Word the congregation is the final authority in church governance with a Council of Elders who oversees and teaches the people.
We practice and teach believer’s baptism.
Covenant Baptist Church is committed to pursuing all the fullness of God with use of his spiritual gifts in the life of the church.
Due to the fallen nature of all men, we practice elder-led polity and see the need for mutual accountability and support in the body. We believe that a council of Elders is a Biblical approach to church governance as well as a practical way to minister to the body.
• God provides His Sovereign Grace for salvation.
• The Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
• We practice expository preaching.
• Elders lead by the example of Christ as a servant leader.
• We believe God gifts some as teachers, preachers, apostles and prophets proclaiming the Word of God.
• We believe in the family as a model for the church and in the parents’ responsibility as the primary teachers of spiritual truths.
• Marriage is the picture of the union between Christ and the church and is to be represented by one man and one woman.
• We believe that we have been commissioned by God to actively participate in evangelism and missions locally, nationally and internationally.