Date: September 17, 2017
Bible Text: 1 John 2:12-14 | Jeff Evans
Series: 1 John
"My Dear Children"
Is John writing to three different groups or to one group?
First the phrases connected with the Little Children:
- I am writing to you little children, because your sins are forgiven for His name's sake.
- I write to you, children, because you know the Father.
Second, the Young Men:
- I am writing to you, youing men, because you have overcome the evil one.
- I write to you, youing men, because you are string, and the workd of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
Finally, the Fathers:
- I am writing to you , fathers, because you know Him who is from the beginning,
- I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.
The verb tense here changes from __________ to aorist.
Christians are ____________, for Christ's sake, and thus know the _____________.
You have been set free from the ___________ of sin, the power of sin has been _______________ in your life.
In other words, Christians know the eternal _____________, Christ Jesus, God incarnate, who was from the ______________.