Romans 4:1-8 | Righteousness and Faith
Speaker: Jeff Evans
1) How and why is our inability to boast encouraging?
2) How do we know it applies to us?
- “Abraham ______________ God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” Genesis 15:1-6; Hebrews 11:6
- He believed God he was counted _________ righteous.
- Abraham’s faith was _______________ a righteous act, neither did his faith make him _____________. Psalm 26
- Righteousness, or justification, is a ______________. Romans 3:23-24 that cannot be __________.
- Abraham’s works did not __________ to his righteousness, so he has no room to boast, and someone who does not work is ___________ just as righteous.
- This is encouraging because it means that it completely _________ on God, and I can’t take away from my righteousness by _________ to trust in Him. It is a gift, and because it is a gift it does not depend on me.
- How do I know that it applies to me, do I believe God?
- At _______, do I believe God?
- With the ________________, do I believe God?
- Do I believe God even when it doesn’t make __________? (Isaac)
- Do I believe God even in my _____________? Do I believe that God can justify the ____________, even me?