Romans 13:1-7 | Submission to Governments (Part One)
Speaker: Jeff Evans
The _________ for Biblical Civil Disobedience.
- Let every person be ____________ to the governing authorities. 1 Peter 2:13-15. Not just the ones that we _________ with!
- Why? Because there is no authority except from _______, and those that exist have been instituted by ________. This is a statement of God’s _______________! Psalms 2:4 & 10-1; Proverbs 21:1
- Therefore, whoever resists the authorities, resists what God has appointed. Those who resist will incur _____________, to disobey the human institutions is to incur ____________!
- We have a problem though. What about all of the times the men of God ________ live subject to every human institution? For example, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. Daniel 3:12; Daniel 6:7 & 10; Peter; John; Acts 4:17-20
- Governments are to be God’s ____________, God’s ___________.
- For rulers ______ ______ a terror to good conduct, but to bad.
- Are we to live for the applause of the governments? Galatians 1:10; Colossians 3:23
- The _____________________ of Biblical Civil Disobedience.
- So how do we do it right?
- Can we riot?
- Is there a wrong way of practicing civil disobedience as a Christian?