Romans 12:1-2 | The Mercies of God
Speaker: Jeff Evans
Click the Red Button Below to Play the Sermon Audio
- Romans 12:1-2 is pivotal part of Romans as Paul makes this _______________. He begins with a _________.
- The foundation of his appeals is the ___________ of God.
- In general, and at the beginning, mercy is a very difficult concept and uniquely ______________.
- Mercy is tied to ____________. Exodus 33:18-20. Moses desires to see God’s _________, but Moses has a ___________ (vs 20), but He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and ________.”
- Isaiah saw God’s __________ and _________. Isaiah 6:1-5. When sinful man sees an infinitely Holy God! There is only one response! He deserved ________________.
- God had ___________ on Isaiah. Instead of wrath, God had __________! And God had _________ for Isaiah.
- The importance of seeing and understanding mercy in this light.
- If you never see the holiness and the judgement of God, see God in that light, then you will ____________ see the mercy and compassion of God! But if you see God as Holy and infinite, then afterwards you will _______ see God in his mercy and compassion!
- When Isaiah saw the Glory of God he _______________ himself a living sacrifice.