Romans 6:20-23 | Free in Regards to Righteousness
Speaker: Jeff Evans
Click the Red Button Below to Play the Sermon Audio
- Paul is comparing and contrasting our life _________ and _______. In this comparison there are ____ differences.
- Paul starts out with good news and bad news about our life before Christ. The good news is we were _______ from the moral obligations of righteousness. The bad news is that the fruit is ___________.
- Difference number one is that we are no longer free in regards to _________________!
- As Christians, it is not about _______ anymore, it is about ____________________! 1 John 1:6-7
- So what is righteousness? It is the opposite of ________. Chapter 1:22-23, 25 and 28
- Righteousness is ______ a bunch of little things that we are to do or not do. Instead it is giving God the ________ he deserves; believing the ______ instead of a lie. It is _____________ God as God in everything we do!
- The other difference is the __________. The fruit of being a slave to God _______ ___ sanctification. The fruit of being joined to God, of living in this relationship leads to ______________________.
- The end of this is _________ ________ , or living joined with him ______________. John 17:3
- The benefit that Paul is talking about, of being joined to God, is _______ heaven. Instead, the benefit of intimately knowing the only true God and Jesus Christ whom God has sent is ___________________. Romans 6:23